Who We Are
Fortis Construction Group Inc. is one of Ontario’s leading general contractors. We are backed by over 40 years of experience and with three offices located in Windsor, London, and Toronto, we are competitive throughout Ontario. We believe passionately in the power of projects that shape the future and challenge the status quo. We build anything that can be imagined through experience and innovation. This is how we #BUILDSTRONG.
People are at the core of everything we do, and we are proud to employ the best in the industry. Our team is led by a collection of expert senior industry professionals with the common goal of significantly improving the way construction projects are delivered. We are proud of the company culture we’ve built as we’ve grown to over 150 employee’s province wide. We want to continuously provide opportunities for our employees to develop and work on their skills and knowledge to improve, learn, and evolve. Fortis Group is a place that people love to come to work every day and are passionate about the work we do.
Fortis Group is seeking a maintenance and landscaper personnel to join our organization. As maintenance and landscaper, you will perform general maintenance or “handyperson” tasks within both office and construction site settings. The successful candidate will possess carpentry and maintenance experience in previous roles and have a strong ability to problem solve in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be reporting to the owners and maintenance lead.
- Carpentry and general maintenance
- Landscape and grounds keeping
- Maintain cleanliness in office and job site setting
- Perform janitorial duties as needed
- Performing planned maintenance tasks
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks
- Pick up or purchase supplies as needed
- Deliver supplies to construction sites as needed
- Must work safely in accordance to all applicable legislation as well as company policies & procedures
- Other maintenance duties as assigned
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks from beginning to completion
- Ability to problem solve
- Grade 12 education required; post-secondary education not required but considered an asset
- Experience working in a construction setting considered an asset
- Experience performing maintenance tasks in an office setting
- Must have and maintain an appropriate and valid Ontario Driver’s License
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime as needed
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to take direction and complete tasks within a timely manner
Important Details You Should Know
- Travel from office setting and job sites is required
- Steady day shift Monday through Friday with the ability to work flexible hours, overtime hours, or weekends as needed
- Benefit package included
Are you ready to come #BUILDSTRONG with us?! Apply today! Only selected candidates will receive a response. We thank all candidates for their interest in applying to Fortis Group! For more information on Fortis Group please visit www.fortisgroup.ca.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, resume and list of references to: email@example.com
Fortis Group is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.