Who We Are
Fortis Construction Group Inc. is one of Ontario’s leading general contractors. We are backed by over 40 years of experience and with three offices located in Windsor, London, and Toronto, we are competitive throughout Ontario. We believe passionately in the power of projects that shape the future and challenge the status quo. We build anything that can be imagined through experience and innovation. This is how we #BUILDSTRONG.
People are at the core of everything we do, and we are proud to employ the best in the industry. Our team is led by a collection of expert senior industry professionals with the common goal of significantly improving the way construction projects are delivered. We are proud of the company culture we’ve built as we’ve grown to over 150 employee’s province wide. We want to continuously provide opportunities for our employees to develop and work on their skills and knowledge to improve, learn, and evolve. Fortis Construction Group Inc. is a place that people love to come to work every day and are passionate about the work we do.
Fortis Construction Group Inc. is seeking an Estimating Assistant to join our team. The Estimating Assistant works closely with the estimating team to ensure success within the department and will assist estimators in obtaining the necessary information to generate and send quotes in a timely fashion. This position is accountable for providing administrative support to the Estimating department.
Job Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide administrative support to estimating department and extended office when required
- Review incoming invitations to bid via fax, email, or phone
- Record information & manage tracking logs for the estimating team
- Compile and download plans, specifications, addendums, and other bid documents as required
- Print & organize estimating documents and plans
- Effectively communicate with suppliers/subcontractors, customers, and co-workers to obtain information necessary to complete pre-quoting tasks both via e-mail and/or over the phone. Maintain communication on the status of all quotes
- Maintain RFQ files by converting, organizing, and saving information according to the company’s electronic system
- Attend meetings as required, record and distribute meeting minutes
- Answer phone calls, filter to appropriate person and/or record & distribute messages
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results while maintaining a positive and professional company image
- Additional duties as required
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Office Administration Diploma is an asset but not required
- Strong computer skills; Web navigation, document scanning, MS office suite
- Effective and professional communication skills-verbal and written
- Detail-oriented and ability to multitask
- Time management skills, prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Are you ready to come #BUILDSTRONG with team Fortis?! Apply today! Only selected candidates will receive a response. We thank all candidates for their interest in applying to Fortis Construction Group Inc! Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Fortis Construction Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.