Fortis Group is seeking an Estimating Assistant to join our team. The Estimating Assistant works closely with the estimating team to ensure success within the department and will assist estimators in obtaining the necessary information to generate and send quotes in a timely fashion. This position is accountable for providing administrative support to the Estimating department.
- Provide administrative support to estimating department and extended office when required.
- Review incoming invitations to bid via fax, email, or phone.
- Record information & manage tracking logs for the estimating team.
- Compile and download plans, specifications, addendums, and other bid documents as required.
- Print & organize estimating documents and plans.
- Effectively communicate with suppliers/subcontractors, customers, and co-workers to obtain information necessary to complete pre-quoting tasks both via e-mail and/or over the phone. Maintain communication on the status of all quotes.
- Maintain RFQ files by converting, organizing, and saving information according to the company’s electronic system.
- Attend meetings as required, record and distribute meeting minutes.
- Answer phone calls, filter to appropriate person and/or record & distribute messages.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results while maintaining a positive and professional company image.
- Additional duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Office Administration Diploma is an asset but not required.
- Strong computer skills; Web navigation, document scanning, MS office suite.
- Effective and professional communication skills-verbal and written.
- Detail-oriented and ability to multitask.
- Time management skills, prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
NOTE: The above job description is not all-inclusive but rather highlights some important duties. Upon employment, each candidate may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the Fortis Group.