Who We Are
Fortis Construction Group Inc. is one of Ontario’s leading general contractors. We are backed by over 40 years of experience and with three offices located in Windsor, London, and Toronto, we are competitive throughout Ontario. We believe passionately in the power of projects that shape the future and challenge the status quo. We build anything that can be imagined through experience and innovation. This is how we #BUILDSTRONG.
People are at the core of everything we do, and we are proud to employ the best in the industry. Our team is led by a collection of expert senior industry professionals with the common goal of significantly improving the way construction projects are delivered. We are proud of the company culture we’ve built as we’ve grown to over 150 employee’s province wide. We want to continuously provide opportunities for our employees to develop and work on their skills and knowledge to improve, learn, and evolve. Fortis Group is a place that people love to come to work every day and are passionate about the work we do.
Fortis Group is accepting resumes for Site Superintendents to oversee multiple construction projects. Site Superintendents will be responsible for the entire supervision of a construction project including implementing Health and Safety protocol, coordinating subtrades, ordering material, scheduling, quality control, and other typical Site Superintendent duties.
- All field aspects of safety
- Developing and implementing the construction plan
- General construction project performance
- Daily presence on site from start of day to end of day
- Assigning a competent and qualified replacement when absent from site
- Mandatory submission of daily reports to the project manager
- Ordering of rental equipment and site purchases after the approval of the Project Manager
- Daily communication with Project Manager
- Toolbox talks
- Provide input into project schedule updates
- Update PM on the progress of the project
- Complete quality control – start to finish.
- Following through with project closeout and ensuring deficiencies are cleaned up
- Overall project cleanliness, organization, and site presence on a daily basis
- Prove to have at least 5 years’ experience as a Site Superintendent in construction
- Possess a driver’s license in good standing
- Be willing to travel throughout Ontario
- Must be able to manage project between $5 million to $15 million
- Oversee and be responsible for all site-related aspects of a construction project
- Possess superb leadership skills
- Demonstrate great organizational skills
- Be able to read, interpret and implement construction drawings, specifications change notices, etc.
- Be willing to play an integral part of the project team and work in a team atmosphere
- Knowledge of the Health & Safety Act
- Show willingness and be able to conduct some physical labour tasks
- Possess adequate technology skills
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of building code compliance as well as building inspection reviews
- Be able to demonstrate professionalism in dealing with conflict resolution
- Be willing to adapt to the project environment and, in some cases, many design changes with a positive attitude
- Be able to “think outside the box” with respect to construction practices, be proactive instead of reactive and resolve issues efficiently and effectively
Important Details you should know
- Travel from office setting and job sites is required
- Steady day shift Monday through Friday with the ability to work flexible hours, overtime hours, or weekends as needed
- Benefit package included
Are you ready to come #BUILDSTRONG with us?! Apply today! Only selected candidates will receive a response. We thank all candidates for their interest in applying to Fortis Group!
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, resume and list of references to: email@example.com
Fortis Group is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.