Fortis Group is seeking a Site Superintendent to oversee multiple construction projects within the Windsor and London area. Candidates will be responsible for the entire supervision of a construction project including implementing Health and Safety protocol, coordinating subtrades, ordering material, scheduling, quality control and other typical Site Superintendent duties.
This person, at minimum, must:
- Prove to have at least 5 years’ experience as a Site Superintendent in construction
- Possess a driver’s license in good standing
- Be willing to travel throughout Ontario
- Oversee and be responsible for all site related aspects of a construction project
- Possess superb leadership skills
- Demonstrate great organizational skills
- Be able to read, interpret and implement construction drawings, specifications change notices, etc.
- Be willing to play an integral part of the project team and work in a team atmosphere
- Show willingness and be able to conduct some physical labour tasks
- Possess adequate technology skills
- Adapt and complete standard Fortis Group documents, procedures and protocol
- Meet and conduct discussions with owners, consultants, subtrades and other project team members with the utmost respect and professionalism
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of building code compliance as well as building inspection reviews
- Be able to demonstrate professionalism in dealing with conflict resolution
- Be willing to adapt to the project environment and, in some cases, many design changes with a positive attitude
- Be able to “think outside the box” with respect to construction practices, be proactive instead of reactive and resolve issues efficiently and effectively
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, resume and list of references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: The above job description is not all-inclusive but rather highlights some important duties. Each candidate, upon employment, may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the Fortis Group.