Who We Are
Fortis Construction Group Inc. is one of Ontario’s leading general contractors. We are backed by over 40 years of experience and with three offices located in Windsor, London, and Toronto, we are competitive throughout Ontario. We believe passionately in the power of projects that shape the future and challenge the status quo. We build anything that can be imagined through experience and innovation. This is how we #BUILDSTRONG.
People are at the core of everything we do, and we are proud to employ the best in the industry. Our team is led by a collection of expert senior industry professionals with the common goal of significantly improving the way construction projects are delivered. We are proud of the company culture we’ve built as we’ve grown to over 150 employee’s province wide. We want to continuously provide opportunities for our employees to develop and work on their skills and knowledge to improve, learn, and evolve. Fortis Construction Group Inc. is a place that people love to come to work every day and are passionate about the work we do.
Fortis Group is seeking an experienced candidate to fill the role of Building Technician. The Building Technician will be reporting to the Director of Project Management, working alongside the project management and estimating teams. The successful candidate must be qualified to complete the job duties and tasks as prescribed below.
- Understand & develop drawings using design information provided from Visio, Bluebeam, and CAD including system line diagrams, floor plans, and evaluations
- Assist project teams with Revit modelling requirements, content, creation, and coordination efforts
- Develop customized solutions as required & detect model interferences
- Coordinate and verify models (quality & data)
- Provide Revit support for design projects
- Implement Revit Software best practices & procedures
- Document control & management
- Attend to matters on-site in the field as deemed necessary
- Other administrative duties as it relates to the position
- Minimum Civil, Mechanical, Architectural, or similar college level degree and/or diploma from an accredited institution
- Working knowledge in Revit Software and modelling in MEP, architectural, and structural as it relates to construction
- Working knowledge of industry/regulation codes & standards as it relates to construction (Ontario Building Code)
- Understanding of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems
- Proficient working with CAD designs in 2D & 3D
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (teams, project, excel, word) & the ability to work with remote enabling technologies (zoom)
- Must be energetic, diplomatic, flexible, and have a problem-solving mindset for creative and collaborative solutions
- Submission of previous work completed in Revit Software must be included in your application
- Experience working with AutoCAD considered an asset but not essential
- Engineering, architectural, or ICI construction experience is considered beneficial but not a requirement
Are you ready to come #BUILDSTRONG with team Fortis?! Apply today! Only selected candidates will receive a response. We thank all candidates for their interest in applying to Fortis Construction Group Inc! Interested candidates should send their cover letter, resume and a sample of completed Revit work to: email@example.com.
Fortis Construction Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.