Who We Are
Fortis Construction Group Inc. is one of Ontario’s leading general contractors. We are backed by over 40 years of experience and with three offices located in Windsor, London, and Toronto, we are competitive throughout Ontario. We believe passionately in the power of projects that shape the future and challenge the status quo. We build anything that can be imagined through experience and innovation. This is how we #BUILDSTRONG.
People are at the core of everything we do, and we are proud to employ the best in the industry. Our team is led by a collection of expert senior industry professionals with the common goal of significantly improving the way construction projects are delivered. We are proud of the company culture we’ve built as we’ve grown to over 150 employee’s province wide. We want to continuously provide opportunities for our employees to develop and work on their skills and knowledge to improve, learn, and evolve. Fortis Group is a place that people love to come to work every day and are passionate about the work we do.
Fortis Construction Group Inc. is seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager to join our organization. As a Senior Project Manager, you are accountable and provide the overall planning, organization, direction, and control of multiple projects. You will successfully complete each project within time and budgetary constraints to meet the continued and sustainable growth of the company.
- Review and update schedule, cost forecasts and cash flow requirements with the superintendent weekly and with the VP of Operations biweekly
- Establish effective working relations with consultants, subcontractors, suppliers, and client to facilitate accomplishment of job accountability
- Mentor and be a resource to Junior Project Manager and Project Coordinators
- Provide safety leadership to the project team and subcontractors
- Read, understand, and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and related project schedules
- Prioritize workload and capable of handling multiple projects
- Complete project closeout documentation
- Work with accounting department to ensure proper accounting coding, payments of progress draws and recoverable costs
- Maintain composure and focus in stressful situations, while managing deadlines or solving problems
- Have graduated, at a minimum, with post-secondary education in a discipline related to construction
- Prove to have at least 10 years’ experience as a Project Manager in construction
- Possess a driver’s license in good standing
- Be able to travel throughout Ontario
- Be able to show excellent knowledge of construction terms, processes, and methods
- Have excellent time management skills and be responsible for several projects at one time
- Have a complete understanding and ability to read and implement project drawings and specifications
- Show competence with various Project Management software programs and MS Office products
- Show competence, resistance, and professionalism with conflict resolution
- Be able to “think outside the box” with respect to construction practices, be proactive instead of reactive and resolve issues efficiently and effectively
Are you ready to come #BUILDSTRONG with team Fortis?! Apply today! Only selected candidates will receive a response. We thank all candidates for their interest in applying to Fortis Group!
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fortis Group is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.