Who We Are
Fortis Construction Group Inc. is one of Ontario’s leading general contractors. We are backed by over 40 years of experience and with three offices located in Windsor, London, and Toronto, we are competitive throughout Ontario. We believe passionately in the power of projects that shape the future and challenge the status quo. We build anything that can be imagined through experience and innovation. This is how we #BUILDSTRONG.
People are at the core of everything we do, and we are proud to employ the best in the industry. Our team is led by a collection of expert senior industry professionals with the common goal of significantly improving the way construction projects are delivered. We are proud of the company culture we’ve built as we’ve grown to over 150 employee’s province wide. We want to continuously provide opportunities for our employees to develop and work on their skills and knowledge to improve, learn, and evolve. Fortis Group is a place that people love to come to work every day and are passionate about the work we do.
Fortis Construction Group Inc. is seeking a Project Coordinator to join our team. The successful candidate will report to the Executive team and will be responsible for supporting the project team with administrative direction and overall project performance including costs, scheduling, quality control, and project status, as well as maintaining a respectable relationship with trades and clients.
Job Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintaining excellent relations with owner, architect, consultants, subcontractors, public
- Setting up of project reporting procedures (cost reports, file logs, submittal logs, change logs, etc.)
- Providing performance status reports regarding cost forecast, schedule, and safety
- Monitors project safety reporting and conducts regular safety inspections as set out by Health, Safety and Environment systems
- Understanding and enforcing contractual responsibilities, contract documents and resolving disputes
- Assisting Project Manager in developing and monitoring the project schedule and budget
- Negotiating and issuing subcontracts and major purchase orders and monitoring their progress, schedule and conducting subcontract buyout
- Assisting superintendent in establishing the construction plan, engineering methods, project safety & environment programs
- Preparing / verifying of progress payments to owner and subcontractors, and monitoring progress
- Meeting manager; acting as chair on project meetings and accumulate meeting minutes
- Involved in all facets of project close-out, including archiving of documents, maintenance and warranty manuals, deficiencies, and warranty work
- Liaising with building authorities and regulatory agencies
- Developing and ensuring compliance with quality control plan/establishing site action teams as necessary
- Ensuring project profitability
- Performing detailed cost review regularly to ensure accuracy of Budget Forecast
- Review company documents including drawings and specifications to understand the Scope of Work
- Update contract documents to include RFIs, SIs, COs, and As Built conditions. Distribute and manage updated information to and from subcontractors.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, forms, and specialized documents; proofreads materials for accuracy, completeness, compliance, formatting, and correct English usage, including grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the success of the team and the entire organization
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related engineering or construction management discipline
- Minimum of 5 years construction experience in an operational role
- Previous coordination experience within a mid – large general contractor
- P.Eng. and/or LEED certifications an asset
Are you ready to come #BUILDSTRONG with team Fortis?! Apply today! Only selected candidates will receive a response. We thank all candidates for their interest in applying to Fortis Construction Group Inc.! Interested candidates should send their resume to: email@example.com.
Fortis Construction Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.