Who We Are
Fortis Construction Group Inc. is one of Ontario’s leading general contractors. We’re backed by over 40 years of experience, and with three offices located in Windsor, London, and Toronto, we are competitive throughout Ontario. We believe passionately in the power of projects that shape the future and challenge the status quo. We build anything that can be imagined through experience and innovation. This is how we #BUILDSTRONG.
People are at the core of everything we do, and we’re proud to employ the best in the industry. Our team is led by a collection of expert senior industry professionals with the common goal of significantly improving the way construction projects are delivered. We’re proud of the company culture we’ve built as we’ve grown to over 150 employee’s province wide. We want to continuously provide opportunities for our employees to develop and work on their skills and knowledge to improve, learn, and evolve. Fortis Construction Group Inc. is a place that people love to come to work every day and are passionate about the work we do.
Fortis Construction Group Inc. is seeking an experienced Estimator to join our organization within our Windsor office. As an Estimator, you are responsible for the entire estimate and tendering process, creating Requests for Quotation, budgeting, take-offs, gathering quotes, contacting subtrades, reviewing and understanding construction documents, thorough understanding of tender documents and all other relevant work pertaining to estimating. You will successfully complete each project within time and budgetary constraints to meet the continued and sustainable growth of the company.
Job Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Establish effective working relations with consultants, subcontractors, suppliers, and clients.
- Prepare estimates by gathering proposals, drawings, specifications, and tender requirements.
- Determine costs by analyzing labour, material, and time requirements.
- Read, understand, and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and related project schedules.
- Conduct pre-construction meetings when required.
- Present prepared estimates by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prioritize workload and capable of handling multiple projects.
- Travel within Ontario
- Minimum 3-5 years of construction project management experience
- College or university degree in a construction-related field preferred
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Detail-oriented and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Time management skills, prioritize responsibilities
Are you ready to come #BUILDSTRONGwith team Fortis?! Apply today! Only selected candidates will receive a response. Interested applicants should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for their interest in applying to Fortis Construction Group Inc!
Fortis Construction Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.