Fortis Group is seeking an Estimator to oversee tendering of projects in their entirety. Potential candidates will be responsible for the entire estimate and tendering process, creating Requests for Quotation, budgeting, take offs, gathering quotes, contacting subtrades, reviewing and understanding construction documents, thorough understanding of tender documents and all other relevant work pertaining to estimating.
This person, at minimum, must:
- Prove to have at least 5 years’ experience as an Estimator in construction
- Possess a driver’s license in good standing
- Oversee and be responsible for all aspects of a project being quoted
- Be able to show excellent knowledge of construction terms, processes and methods
- Have a complete understanding and ability to read and understand project drawings, specifications and tender requirements
- Hold excellent time management skills and be responsible for several tenders at one time
- Conduct pre-construction meetings when required
- Meet and conduct discussions with owners, engineers and other project team members with the utmost respect and professionalism
- Possess strong technology skills and be able to use modern technology
- Be willing to adapt and utilize existing estimating software, protocol and procedures
- Show competence with various software programs including MS Office products
- Show competence, resistance and professionalism with conflict resolution
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, resume and list of references to: email@example.com
NOTE: The above job description is not all-inclusive but rather highlights some important duties. Each candidate, upon employment, may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the Fortis Group.